Did you know Daphne Utilities offers a variety of ways to learn more about water, waste water and Natural Gas?We offer a variety of ways to meet educational needs:
- Educational Materials
- Classroom Presentations (coming soon)
- Speakers for meetings
- Field Trips
Free Tours & Field Trips
Daphne Utilities Water Reclamation Facility
All of the wastewater in Daphne is treated and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner at our Water Reclamation Facility. Students and teachers will get to see, learn, and really experience what happens to your wastewater. It's interesting, Educational, and most of all...FUN!
- View "bugs" through a microscope - these are the beneficial bacteria used to treat the wastewater.
- How large is a tank that holds more than 1 million gallons of water? We have 5 of them on site!
- View jet engines spinning at 20,000 rpms to create the oxygen needed for the treatment process.
- The largest microwave oven in the state of Alabama is used to dry sludge into a biosolid fertilizer product.
- UV disinfection - the biggest tanning bed you've ever seen - to disinfect the treated water before release into Mobile Bay
Daphne Utilities Olde Towne Daphne Water Treatment Facility
- Visit innovative style facility
- See how Hypochlorite Disinfection Process works
- This facility treats approximately one million gallons of water a day
- New clear well technology
- Groundwater plant
The tour takes approximately 1-1/2 hours. Your students will enjoy and learn more if they already know a little about what they will be seeing. Please ensure students are familiar with basic water concepts such as the water cycle, water quality, recycling, pollution, conservation and others
Looking for more information?
Please contact our Communications Manager, Samantha Coppels for more information or to schedule a tour. (251) 533-5880 or [email protected]